Friday 17 July 2015

Saturday Spankings - 18 July - Birch or Willow?



Since I first discovered that switches were often used years' ago as a means for discipline, I have been fascinated by them. 

I remember as a child, if I was riding a lazy pony, and I stopped to cut a switch from the hedgerow, that pony would speed up as if by magic. So I know that switches work wonders.

The traditional switches were cut from either willow or birch, mainly because those are very flexible and less likely to snap, or cause any permanent injury when used on a backside.



Personally I don't have a clue what they feel like.

Or do I?

I love to make people wonder which is the fantasy and which the reality.

I hope you enjoy this small excerpt.


My eyes can't open any wider as I see what he has placed on the granite top of the kitchen island. He has removed all the leaves off the small birch branches and left a very fine tracery of twigs. He's removed all the sharp nubs and leaves off the willow, and peeled the switches so they are white and smooth. He picks one up and flourishes it. It makes a horrid whistling sort of a swish as it cuts through the air.

I lift my chin and glare at Daniel, "If you think you are using those on me, you are joking" I tell him. "I am not a dog or a horse."

"If you were, there would be no need to use them" he answers me quietly in a steel-like tone, shrugging his shoulders.




Blurb:

Ami and Daniel are Empty Nesters who have moved to live in an old house in the depths of the English countryside. In order to save their flagging relationship and refresh their boring sex lives, Ami has decided she needs to change. She reinvents herself, much to the delight of her husband of over thirty years, proving that passion and variety are no longer the reserve of the young.

More significantly, on the day she types the word 'spanking' into her computer she realizes that a little domestic discipline may be just what they need in their marriage. Although initially somewhat nervous of what it might entail, Daniel takes to spanking Ami like a duck takes to water, surprising her with the ease in which he has settled into his role as head of household.

All goes well until Ami begins to meet some village locals, and lets herself get happily led astray. A simple custom is turned into a marathon spanking session, and Ami will never view the ritual of Beating the Bounds in the same light again.


Blushing Books

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

Keep on reading for more great snippets.


23 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I never want to feel what a switch is like........ I can well imagine! However I love your fictional accounts very much and hope that you are well on your way to a grear sequel.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rode at speed on a horse through a birch grove once. Never again. I thought my face was cut to shreds. Luckily just a tracery of red marks. But my bottom? No way!

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. We experimented with a switch once - didn't last long. I would never last through an ordeal like Ami. She is stalworth for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are much braver than me. In fact, twenty times braver than me! I cannot, and do not, want to imagine. But then as far as Ami is concerned. Well, as we know, she is a bit of a minx!

      Hugs,
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. No switches for me, thank you very much. Much too "stingy." Great snippet, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think, Kathryn, we could have a "switching" challenge. Now there's a thought!

      And have you tried them? Hmmmm?

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Loved this excerpt Sarah, ouch at the switch..no thank you. Oh goodness at Daniel's words.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch indeed! I don't even want to imagine! Dan's words are true though. Ami just doesn't seem to listen. LOL.

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  5. Nice snippet. Wondering if she's sorry she brought the D/D idea up in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I would be if a switch was produced every time I got spanked! Good grief, I think I would be a model wife inside a month. Inside a week, actually.

      Thanks for your nice comment.

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  6. Switches? No thank you my friend! I would bet she's a bit unnerved right about now!
    Love seeing you here.... Ms author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Minelle. Don't you think it might make for a little interest and excitement occasionally?

      Thank you, honey, for your nice comment.

      Hugs,
      Sarah

      Delete
  7. Switches were used often here in the south when I was a kid. Thankfully not often by my parents (and I was a perfect child). Nick has used one occasionally. I hate it - mostly. They do leave a nice lasting effect. Ami was very brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!! They weren't?!!! How awful. Was that the hickory stick we used to sing about in school? Good grief, I never thought about it till now.

      Perfect child, my ear! You'll be telling us you're a perfect wife next. May I just remind you about the number 60?! Ha!

      I cannot believe you willingly try them out. I'm running for the hills!

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  8. I shudder at willow switches and yes, I know exactly what they feel like, although, not at all in a DD type situation.
    They are stingy and feel very much like a whip leaving behind sharp little welts in their wake. I really like what he says after he comment about not being a dog or a horse. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh er! When did that happen? I am learning stuff here! It makes the good old ruler pale into insignificance! I know what they felt like on my face when I galloped through a birch grove. Good grief!

      Thank you so much for your comments.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  9. Ohh!! That was a great snippet! Yes switches are painful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly - you are another one who has tried them, or had them used on her tush. You are all so brave. There is no way this side of anywhere I would willingly try them. I just look at our willow and back away in horror! Very swishy and bendy!

      Thank you for commenting.

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  10. I have never felt a switch-- I'm kinda afraid of them!! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, this I cannot believe! You are so brave with all other interesting "aides to behaviour"!!! Ha!

      Thank you so much for your kind comments.

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  11. Loved this snippet Sarah and loved reading your book. Hope to see a sequel soon. Don't think I would like a switch, ouch! Poor Ami.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lindy,

      Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I am working on a sequel and I hope you will enjoy it as much when it is finished.

      I know jolly well I wouldn't like a switch! I would turn into an angel overnight! But Ami? She's another kettle of fish altogether. Ha!

      Hugs
      Sarah

      Delete
  12. Great snippet, Sarah, well done!

    ReplyDelete